Sunday, November 15, 2009

Blog #2: Understanding How the Brain Process Information Resources

While researching resources that relate to the brain and learning, I came across a website called FUNDERSTANDING http://www.funderstanding.com/content/brain-based-learning. This site was valuable for me in that it discussed core principles of brain-based learning, instructional techniques, how brain-based learning impacts education, and what brain-based learning suggests. I found this site to be very informative because I am an educator whose constantly looking for ways to interpret how my students learn and how to teach them more effectively. Then I researched problem-solving methods during the learning process. An article that struck me was “Problem Solving in Early Childhood Classrooms”. This article found at http://ceep.crc.uiuc.edu/eecearchive/digests/1993/britz93.html articulates that problem solving is the foundation for learning. When children explore through problem solving, learning becomes personal and meaningful. After reading this article, I more aware of what my role is in facilitating the problem-solving learning process, and meaningful ways to provide learning opporunities for students to practice and gain familarity with problem-solving.

No comments:

Post a Comment